I have been having several reasonably minor, yet annoying, health issues lately, and have been in and out of doctors in an attempt to solve what has been going on. I have been battling chronic fatigue and a general sense of just not feeling well for months now. I have had blood work and ultrasounds and everything else, and in the meantime, because it has been a fight some days to even want to get out of bed, I am now battling depression (something I am prone to).
I found out yesterday that my triglycerides, cholesterol, and sugar levels are out of whack, and that they suspect that there might be plaque or thickness or something in my arteries (I have no idea what any of this means over the phone while I was driving and using a hands free set up...need to get a copy of the lab work). They are watching me for diabetes, saying I am "insulin resistant," and want me to change my diet and my exercise routines, allowing for less processed foods, less fat, less carbs and sugars, and more fiber/whole grains, plus exercise for 30 minutes as many times a week as I can handle.
I felt a bit of a blow to my pride--I felt like I took OK care of myself, I mean, not the best, but I have never smoked and don't drink, and we have been trying to eat a healthier diet (we have a long way to go). But I will use this as a wake up call and as a positive opportunity to change my life for the better, and to help my whole family learn to have better habits and routines when it comes to their health.
It's still scary. Wish me luck.
Did your doctors say that your high cholesterol, sugar, and triglycerides could be what's making you feel tired and sick all the time?
ReplyDeleteSorry, Moses. I hope you feel better. <3