Thanks to Moms Meet (www.greenmomsmeet.com), I have the opportunity to review Xlear (pronounced "Clear") SparX candy.
I was way excited to review this product. From the company: "Xlear, Inc. is committed to providing consumers with the health benefits of xylitol, a naturally occurring sweetener, by manufacturing all-natural, health-enhancing products. Xlear® Nasal Spray is an award-winning, patented saline and
xylitol solution; a complete line of dental health products under the Spry Dental Defense System® brand; XyloSweet®, raw xylitol crystals used as a sugar substitute in cooking, baking and general consumption; and SparX® Candy, a growing line of healthy, xylitol based candies."
My personal dentist has recommended Spry Dental products to me in the past, and xylitol in general, because xylitol helps reduce the likelihood of cavities, among other dental uses (which I will expand upon in a minute). I loved Spry mints, so being able to try a candy from the company was something that I looked forward to tremendously.
The candy itself comes in a handy plastic tube, which is portable and functional for mamas like myself. The candy contains natural flavors and colors, and is sweetened, as mentioned, with xylitol, a natural sweetener, so I feel good giving it to my children. The candy is in cute little "dot" shapes, and is fun to munch and crunch. My children thoroughly enjoyed the fruity taste, and I loved the texture of it, which reminded me of an easier to chew version of the Runts candy that I ate often as a kid--but this is so much better for me! ;) My husband remarked that the candy was crunchy at first, but then almost seems to melt and soften at once with chewing, which he found satisfying.
Beyond the fact that I feel good giving it to my kiddos, I like another benefit xylitol based products like this one provide. I am on several different prescription medications for minor health issues, and I struggle with dry mouth. Dry mouth, in addition to being a nuisance, can also lead to cavities. My dentist recommended Spry Dental products to me because xylitol helps create saliva, which remedies the dry mouth, and these candies have been great to have around when I have the feeling like there is a sock in my mouth.
For more information, check out Xlear SparX online at: www.Xlear.com or on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/xylitol.experts. The candy retails for $1.49 a tube and comes in Berry, Fruit, and Citrus flavors (I like the Citrus).
There is not a giveaway of this product, unfortunately. However, due to technical difficulties, I am extending the National Geographic Super Readers giveaway until 12/12/12 at 11:59pm, so you can still enter for a chance to win a Super Readers pack for your family!

No comments:
Post a Comment