I have never been one to jump on the smoothie bandwagon. I never quite saw the appeal of pureed fruit as a drink because, to me, it lacked flavor, body, substance, something....
And then I discovered, on a whim, that, duh! I can make my own!
Armed with my blender and food processor, and a boatload of fresh fruit, I've discovered the art of making custom, portable breakfasts, built around whatever I need for the day--peanut butter for energy, bananas to ease a queasy stomach, strawberries just because.... I'm overjoyed with the endless possibilities.
I used milk as a base in my smoothies, but I felt that it lacked something. We have been keeping half and half lately because we have been on a homemade ice cream kick lately, and I tried that instead of using milk--divine. As far as sweeteners go, I far prefer agave nectar over honey or sugar or other options.
What do you like in your smoothies?
No comments:
Post a Comment