Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Month of Gratitude, #10, 11, 12, and 13

I'm totally not very good at this whole "updating daily" thing.  ;)
I am grateful today for:
-Second chances.  The fact that we can wake up every morning and start anew.  And as someone who makes a lot of mistakes, I really need that gift.
-My job.  I can be frustrated with my work at times, but I still truly love what I do, and I am grateful that I have an employer who works with me and my schedule, allowing me to still spend the days at home with my little ones.
-Good books.  I struggle going to sleep at night these days without the escape of a good read.  When I first received my Master's in English Literature, I went through a spell where I had trouble reading for "fun" instead of for "work."  Luckily, I am past that, and now have 5 hard copy books and 5 e-books I am working through all at one time.
-My friends.  My friends have taught me that family is what you make of it, and that there's more to the concept than simply blood.  I am blessed to have and know them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you've been taking gratitude notes! And I love that you visited Amy. I got to visit teach her in West Virginia, and I remember her dog, Splenda. Maya was just a little baby when we left, and she was a doll. Very cool! Your employer is still at the university, right? You're still teaching?

    ReplyDelete