Thursday, October 27, 2011

Four More Days 'til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween...

(I keep watching all of the Halloween movies, and my entry title is a nod to the annoying jingle from the commercials featured in Halloween III--if you're looking for a ridiculously awful horror movie, I highly recommend that one.)
So, the Halloween season is upon us. I have always loved this time of year because, well, let's face it, it's all about beautiful colors, candy, horror movies, and hoodies, and you simply can't go wrong with that combination. But, I admit that I hadn't really been overly excited to dress up The Goob until this year because this year is the first time that I feel he "gets" the whole thing (and the little Bean gets thrown into it by association).
I purchased a generic dinosaur costume for The Goob at Wal-mart. I thought it was cute. Apparently, so did approximately one-third of all parents in the United States. Going as a dinosaur must be the "in" thing this year. News to me--I picked it because I didn't think Goob would want to go as a "Diva Princess" or "Egyptionista" (exactly what is that last one, pray tell?), and it was the best option.
I did, however, discover that Baby Age apparently marks down costumes to $8.88 in October, so I snagged a unique one for my littlest--she's going as a rainbow.
The costume is sized for 6-12 months, but my mother-in-law has altered it, and I'm super excited that she will, at least, more than likely be the only rainbow in a room full of dinosaurs and Buzz Lightyear. The little dress is so colorful--it's just precious.
I'm already thinking about their costumes for next year, and we've already started what should end up being several days full of Halloween fun--and when it comes to awesome costumes, I've learned to steer clear of Walmart. What are you/your kids doing for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment