Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Slutty Scrabble Board and a Slutty Watermelon Walk into a Bar...

When my husband and I were in college, we would joke that the most popular Halloween costumes for women were anything with the word "slutty" in front of it. You know, "slutty" angel, "slutty" nun, "slutty" nurse, and the list goes on (yeah, I know, it's just fun to say "slutty").
Fast forward a few years, and things haven't changed much. A friend of mine plays a game at bars on Halloween called "Bar Slut Bingo," where they bring in pre-printed Bingo cards with various "slutty" costumes, and the first one to get a matching row of five costumes that are present gets drinks from the other participants (if I actually drank, that would be a game I would so play).
I just don't get it. What happened to fun, creative, even gruesome costumes?
Apparently, ANYTHING "slutty" goes these days:
Your Guide to Absurdist 'Sexy" Halloween Costumes
"Naughty Nemo" makes me want to weep.

No comments:

Post a Comment