
OK, so if you're on Pinterest, you've likely seen that very dreamy Stars in a Jar picture, with the little girl holding a mason jar in her hands, and this jar is beautifully lit from the inside by glowing blue stars. Basically, the premise of the project is taking glow in the dark paint, painting stars in the jar (duh), and voila!
I ask you...have you ever tried painting stars inside a jar? It doesn't work.
So, this morning, The Goob and I attempted the project. Armed with an arsenal of glow in the dark paint, Bell jars, brushes, and astronaut themed stickers, we painted the insides of the jars as best as we could. Goob made one with "stars," one solid, another solid with stickers on the exterior, and I painted one solid and added old sprinkles because I thought maybe the sprinkles in the paint would create a mottled glowing exterior in the dark, more resembling stars. OK, so I basically just had fun with sprinkles and paint, but hey, I have never admitted to being good at crafts/creativity, but I HAVE admitted an addiction to junk food. ;)
So, here's a picture of the project, and envision them glowing..... (The camera on my phone sucks at taking pics of glowing jars in the dark.)
No comments:
Post a Comment