Saturday, January 14, 2012

Through the Generosity of a Friend...


I now have an ample long-term food storage!! The hubby and I have made it a priority to keep short-term groceries and basics in hefty supply. We have a freezer full of meat, cheeses, breadstuffs, butter, and so forth. We have pounds and pounds of pasta, dozens of baking mixes, spices, pasta sauces, small canned goods, etc., and I'm proud of this because it's one of the few things I feel we have done right sometimes with our finances and our home. But, building a long term food storage in #10 can form has been a much more difficult venture. It's expensive, and right now, money is tight. But, a friend is moving and couldn't take her storage with her, so we were able to take ownership of it. Between what we already had and her supply, we now have a very good long term storage. I don't plan for some apocalypse or some tragedy, but we do live out in the country and are often without power, or snowed in, and often for a few days, so it's nice to have something on hand. Plus, it's nice to be able to cook nearly anything I want when I want to, and I like the idea of having food on hand to give to neighbors and family if something ever would happen, like a natural disaster. Our church counsels us to keep a food storage, so it has been important to us. I am so grateful for the generosity of our friend, and this is such a blessing for our family today.

No comments:

Post a Comment