Sunday, January 8, 2012

Want a Kindle For Free?

OK, maybe you all know this, but if you don't...if you're like me and counting pennies, you can download a free Kindle app from Amazon for your PC, which means you can then get Kindle books from them onto your computer--and loads of the books are free, or you can get whatever ones there you want/would work with a normal Kindle. It's basically a Kindle, but installed on your 'puter, and it's totally free and legit from them...without having to buy the device itself. Directions are on their website! I got loads of free cookbooks, self-help, classics, parenting books, etc. for free...some require a Prime membership (which I don't have), but loads of others are free with no strings attached! I found the directions in the Kindle Store at Amazon.com. Look for "Kindle for PC" under the "Buy a Kindle" menu on the left of your screen. That will take you to an install screen/directions. Newspapers, magazines, and blogs are NOT accessible via this PC version, but still........ If you have a tablet PC, wouldn't that be cool on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment