I discovered, about a month or two ago, that with a little work, you can snag a fair amount of "freebies" online. It takes a fair amount of research, planning, checking of websites, and time filling out information, but it is doable. There are inherent pros and cons, such as needing to create a junk mail account for "special offers," etc., but I'm experimenting to see if this "Freebie Quest" is really a good idea/use of my time, or whether it is more trouble than it is worth.
So, I'm using some blog space to keep track of what I snag on an occasional basis, mainly for my benefit, but to see whether or not my skills improve, whether or not I abandon this idea, and if it does improve, whether or not others have any interest in this along with me.
So, what I snagged for free this week/will be arriving at my door soon (hopefully)....
-2 free years of Better Homes and Gardens magazine (hard copy--offer expired, no auto renewal)
-9 months of digital Saveur magazine (a digital subscription, no auto renewal)--RECEIVED
-a free sample of Quaker Oat Squares cereal--offer expired
-American Baby magazine subscription (hard copy)--always available
-BabyTalk magazine subscription (hard copy)--always available
-a hard copy issue of Bridal Guide magazine (hey, why not...no fees, no renewal, no bills...will be fun to see how trends have changed since I got hitched)
-100 free business cards from Ink Garden, and a $16.98 promo code due to an order error (offer expired)--ORDER SHIPPED
-supposedly, a subscription to Fitness magazine (I'm a little skeptical of this ever arriving)
-2 textbooks for my teaching job, thanks to an awesome book rep--SHIPPED
-a free $49.99 scarf from Sneekpeeq (expired)
So...we'll see what arrives (and what doesn't.) I might give up on this if I don't see results, but if nothing else, it should be interesting to see whether or not I can make anything of this practice, and at the very least, you, my dear reader, will get a first-hand review of the art of snagging freebies. (I will never, ever, attempt to get something for free that asks for my bank/credit info--never, EVER--and neither should you!!)
**Interested in snagging freebies? Most of my info comes from some of the links I have on my sidebar, like Raining Hot Coupons, the Freebie forum, Free Magazines, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment