Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Simplify, Simplify....

I desperately want to simplify my life.
And you know what? When you have debt, are behind on bills, have little children, or are balancing managing a household with a part-time job...well, it's so very difficult.
We all have wants and needs, and sometimes, those can dominate our lives. I need our family to be out of consumer debt. We need to catch up on some bills that we are behind on. I want to have a more organized home and daily life. I want to learn new skills and talents that will enhance our home life. I need to work on being a better mother. I want to make more money to help our little family conquer financial goals. I want to start a small business. I need to do more activities and projects with my children. I want to improve my cooking abilities. I need to work on increasing my children's educational opportunities. I need to work on my relationship with my husband. I need more time with him. I want to build upon our food storage. I want to learn a new routine when it comes to keeping my home clean and maintained. I need to learn to live a frugal life.
Yeah, see what I mean?
It's so hard to simplify when wants and needs get into the way, and when they ALL have merit and good intentions. My wants and needs are so intertwined.
Any idea how to strike a balance between accomplishing goals and learning how to simplify life?

1 comment:

  1. I think your "to do" list needs to get smaller. You want to conquer everything right now, but you know you have your whole life and eternity to become who you want to be for yourself and the people you love. I love that you post about what you're going through--isn't it therapeutic!--and I just feel bad that you seem so overwhelmed. I hope your husband tells you all the time how awesome and talented you are. You are inspiring, I am praying for you, and I hope you can give the girl in the mirror a break because she is a fantastic example of developing. You are awesome, Laura! Trust me. If you read your blog from someone else's eyes, you would see that you are doing a terrific job with what matters most, and you're staying close to the spirit.

    ReplyDelete