OK, so I said repeatedly that I would feed my first child homemade baby food as much as possible...and...well...didn't. Now that I am revisiting introducing solid food to The Bean, it is my goal to make as much as possible at home and with whatever we are cooking/from fresh food. This entry is pretty much a resource for me/a selfish entry compiling some websites for future use. I am open to all ideas and suggestions for feeding healthy, homemade food to my little gal.
http://www.umext.maine.edu/onlinepubs/pdfpubs/4309.pdf
http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/feeding-infants-toddlers/making-you-own-baby-food
http://www.parents.com/recipes/baby-food/make-your-own-baby-food/
http://www.ouhsc.edu/onie/documents/MakeYourOwnBabyFoodBrochure.pdf
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-baby/PR00029
i made most of my own baby food. i would buy frozen veges, steam them, puree them, put them in ice cube trays, freeze them, and store them in a ziplock bag until needed. this is one of the reasons i bought a magic bullet (that, and i'm a sucker for infommercials). i did this for meat, too. one trick i used was to add a little apple juice instead of water when mixing some of the stronger tasting veges with rice/wheat/etc. cereal. when they were a little older i just pulsed our regular dinner for them (unless i felt it was unhealty/spicy/salty/etc).
ReplyDelete