In my attempts to spend less needless $$, I find that some temptations are easier to eliminate than others.
My biggest vice?
Take out, restaurants, drive-thrus, ice cream parlors--the joy of eating out has always been a weakness of mine.
I see all of these things for making freezer meals to stash, meals in jars, etc., and it all seems like they are really fabulous ideas, but I never seem to put them to fruition. With two little ones, the desire to snag easy food wins out far too often.
I try to find short-cuts...I have done freezer meals, learned to make some yummy quickie dinners, have precooked and canned (or have frozen) meats to make kitchen prep a little easier. And it all seems to be to no avail.
I know the steps I need to take, but the question is, how to I motivate myself to take them? Any way to make it fun along the way?
To be fair, we have set an "eat-out budget" this pay cycle that we have been adhering to, and I am hoping that it will help--BUT, we've blown this before, so I worry.
Any advice for a take-out queen?
No comments:
Post a Comment