OK, I have to admit, I broke my eat out fast...slightly. I really, really wanted to try McDonald's strawberry creme pies before they stopped carrying them, so, as part of a date night, the hubby and I spent a whopping $2.56 on two pies and a large Sprite.
So, did I break my eat-out fast for the two weeks? Technically speaking, yes. But, in discussion, we decided that we *are* going to eliminate eating out "just because," and will instead use it only for special occasions, or out of town trips, or when we're spending time with family or friends. That being said, although I did purchase the pies, I plan on still avoiding eating out as much as possible, and feel capable of doing so. Although I wanted to try the pies, I am finding that I am not as tempted to eat out as I was even a week ago, and that I am looking forward to homemade food more and more. In some ways, I feel like a weight is off of my shoulders...it's one less expense to worry about, and it's entirely in my control. I like that.
There's nothing wrong with that at all! Don't beat yourself up :)
ReplyDeleteIf it helps, my husband and I allow ourselves one day a week to eat out (99% of the time it's on Fridays). It makes eating out way more exciting, but at the same time it also makes you appreciate home cooked meals a lot more.