Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Time to Be Random

Random mumblings from my tired brain....

-On Facebook, lately, I have been involved in many conversations that seem to have one common thread: loving those that are different than you, who persecute you, who choose a different lifestyle or religious choice, etc. Basically, loving those who can be difficult. And I kept preaching this concept, but I am currently involved in a situation where I feel as though I am being tested in this area. Someone in our lives, whom we barely even know, has been causing our family some difficulty with false accusations/strange behavior, and it's something that has angered me and stressed me out. But, the overwhelming prompting I am feeling is to still show kindness and civility, even though I am upset that this person was so irrational. I'm hoping I pass this test, because it is not easy, but I know that if I proceed with love in my heart, Heavenly Father will help me through this...oh, I hope so.

-I'm teaching a class tonight at our church on bulk buying (i.e. stocking up on sale items, warehouse clubs, building food storage, etc.). I'm so excited to share something with my church sisters that I feel so passionately about and something in which I have an unwavering testimony. I really feel so strongly that we should store and stockpile items and food that we use on a daily basis because we never know when a personal crisis or financial setback will occur. Keeping a three month stockpile of food (working up to a year's worth) is an investment that will help protect our family when done in conjunction with emergency preparedness goals. A little at a time builds up to something great!

-I've been blessed to be able to reconnect with a family member lately, one that I haven't been close to in years, due to various (stupid) reasons, and I'm so grateful. It's so refreshing to move past petty issues and concerns and get to know someone, and even more wonderful when you discover you have much more in common with them than you ever thought previously. This is so beneficial to me in my life right now.

Otherwise, life has been proceeding as normal, the typical ups and downs that I am sure we all experience at one point or another. Trying to stay strong, working to pursue and accomplish goals, and striving to be a better wife, mother, friend, and person. It has been a struggle lately, for whatever reason, to stay afloat, and I've stumbled when it comes to some of my goals, but I am trying to tread water and make it to my destination. I must remember to take life one day at a time. It's so hard sometimes, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment