My journey on the road of marriage, parenthood, preparedness, friendship, frugal living, and teaching....
Sunday, March 25, 2012
What We Can Learn From the Great Depression
In an effort to try to encourage myself to take on a more frugal, self-reliant lifestyle, I have been researching accounts of the Great Depression. What a truly humbling experience this has been for me. I read the stories and see the photographs, and my heart becomes full. Knowing how the American people suffered reminds me to count my blessings that my choice to become provident is just that--a choice--and not something that I have been thrown into in an attempt to survive. I encourage you to take some time to find out more about this period of time in our history and to see what you can learn from it, and I pray that it will help motivate me to create a more self-reliant and humble lifestyle for our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment