Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why I am Grateful, #15 and #16

Today I am grateful for two inter-related things:
1) I am grateful for my Kitchen-aid mixer. I grew up using hand mixers. And I think that I single-handedly destroyed dozens of them by overheating when I used them more than three times. But, I didn't know there was anything better, and when I did, I didn't understand the hype. Until my sister-in-law bought me a cobalt blue Kitchen-aid Artisan mixer for our wedding present, and I realized it can mix cookie dough as I WALK AWAY.
I have never looked back.
It has been a workhorse for me for five years, but alas, I have been daydreaming of an upgrade, and at last, I will be upgrading to a mixer with twice the power, and bigger capacity:






All thanks to my sister-in-law (again)...

2) Who happens to be the second thing I am grateful for today. I am grateful for my sisters-in-law. I grew up an only child, so I am grateful to have the experience of siblings who love me and who I can talk to, who love my kiddos and my hubby (their brother). When I married, I not only got a hubby and parents-in-law, but three built in siblings along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment