Sunday, November 6, 2011

Why I am Grateful, #5 and #6: Fall Colors and Yummy Breakfast

I'm grateful for beautiful fall colors, for the fact that I live in an area that is surrounded by green mountains that turn to shades of golds, oranges, and reds that are really only seen in the autumn. Have you ever noticed that? There's just something about the colors of fallen leaves--the colors are so vibrant and are very specific to fall foliage. You can't find those colors in a box of crayons or in a paint can--they are just available to us on tree tops and as a blanket on the ground. Breathtaking.
I'm also grateful today for breakfast. It's my favorite meal, and ironically enough, the meal I usually skip every morning because I'm too busy getting the children fed, dressed, and diapered. This morning, my loving husband made us pancakes, eggs, and maple sausage links, smothered in pecan syrup. Divine. My tummy and I are both very content and very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment