My kiddos and I, along with my mother in law, ventured out to Alpine Pantry, a Mennonite run bakery/grocer that sells local foods, bulk foods, homemade jams, from-scratch baked goods, and food storage items. It's a tiny little place in the middle of nowhere, but the food is always top-notch quality and oh so yummy.
I'm lucky to live in an area where I have access to local butchers/grain fed beef, inexpensive local produce, pick-your-own-produce farms, beekeepers/apiaries, farm eggs when I want them, etc. A lot of these items are trendy in bigger city settings, and that usually means a lot of $$$, but here I can buy a lot of natural, quality foods, from local businesses, for my little family, for only a few dollars. Today, for $34, I bought a thing of Old Bay Seasoning, a dozen homemade rolls, a loaf of homemade cinnamon bread, ten coconut jam cookies, 3 jars of homemade jams (strawberry-rhubarb, pumpkin butter, and apricot-pineapple), and 32 oz. of grade A maple syrup from S&S Maple Camp...all at Alpine Pantry.
And that is why I am grateful today.
No comments:
Post a Comment