Nearly every Monday, my wonderful mother-in-law takes my children so I can do some cleaning after a chaotic weekend. Please let it be known that, while I like a clean house, I'm not the most motivated housekeeper, so a clean house comes at a huge sacrifice of energy on my part.
And besides my basement, which is still reeling from the effects of our current Mouse-a-geddon (see previous post from October), my house usually stays clean, even if a bit cluttered. And it wouldn't stay clean were it not for the wonderful modern conveniences we have like dishwashers (even though I curse mine nearly every day because it likes to be fickle, but won't die enough for me to be able to replace it), washers and dryers, cleaning supplies that help ease some of the elbow grease burden off of the user and that take off nasty spills and stains with the greatest of ease, etc. Do you realize how hard it would be for a lazy bum like me to keep my house clean if this was, say, a hundred years ago? It wouldn't happen, and luckily enough, I was born during a time where I don't have to know what that is like. It is hard enough already dealing with stupid things like mice, or the effects of my wonderful kiddos on our poor house, without having the work be any harder than it already is sometimes (and also, I'm grateful I have help so I can get these chores done in relative peace).
So, that is what I am begrudgingly grateful for on Monday, my cleaning day.
No comments:
Post a Comment