Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Why I am Grateful, #28, #29, and #30

Today will be my last post on gratitude, at least for a little while. I am sure that you are tired of these cliched Thanksgiving posts, but I am glad that I am doing them, if nothing else, for my own sake, and for my family's sake. So, for the last time this year:
Today, I am grateful for:
-Good night's sleep, which doesn't always come as often as it used to when I was younger.
-The fact that our local animal shelter, thanks to the wonderful work of its new employees and volunteers, has not killed an animal for space reasons in 366 days. Last year, there was an 85% kill rate, and now, there is a 91% save rate, and the only euthanizations have been due to illness or aggression beyond any control. I am so proud of everyone involved, and the hard work, the tears, the happy "tails," and the battles we have fought together to bring this about.
-I am grateful that my dad deactivated his Facebook account. Before you freak out on me, let me assure you, I LOVED having my dad on Facebook. But, he deactivated his account, at least temporarily, because he felt he was constantly having to check it, which decreased his productivity, and he was tired of all of the drama caused by who is friends with who, and who said what, and who believes what, who read what, etc. It has inspired me to check it less and eliminate unnecessary drama in my life. Granted, it's a great way to keep in touch w/ people, and I'll probably still check it a few times a day, but I want to work harder to check it less and less.

No comments:

Post a Comment