Monday, November 7, 2011

Why I am Grateful, #8: Awesome Friends

I am grateful for my friends. I have some of the best friends in the world. I don't mean to brag...wait, yes I do, because my pals are fantabulous. Here are some of the amazing things that my friends have done for me lately:
-Gave my lovely little daughter a beautiful, barely used crib. Others have basically outfitted most of her wardrobe with the BEST hand-me-downs I have ever seen.
-Invited my family to Trick-or-Treat, knowing our neighborhood is lame and doesn't do it. (We will be changing that next year.)
-Shared loads of bargains with me so I can snag great things for my family for super cheap.
-Treat my children as their own.
-Remember not only my husband's birthday and mine, but my children's as well, and also remember our special days.
-Brought us meals when we had our baby.
-Threw a baby shower for me.
-Keep me from being anti-social by hanging out with me and inviting me to fun activities/places/shindigs.
-Provide a listening ear when I need it.
-Make me laugh on a regular basis, in addition to putting up with my often irreverent and sarcastic sense of humor.
The list could go on and on and on. My friends are talented, generous, loving, forgiving, compassionate, and so much fun. I tend to be a hard person to get to know, and I am so grateful for anyone who loves me, rough edges and all, and especially those who not only love me, but my family as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment