Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I know it's early, but for some reason, I'm in the mood to start thinking about my New Year's Resolutions. I think maybe I just need the feeling and hope of a new start? I think every woman gets into those funks where you just wanna brush off your knees and hands, get back up, and start fresh after those occasional knocks that life sends your way.
1. Spend less money on things that can be avoided. This means eating out less (and cooking in more), looking for gently used clothing or items when I can, working my food storage to my advantage/buying in bulk, avoiding buying "stuff" on credit cards, and focusing less on "wants" and more on "needs." I don't have to buy things to make me happy.
2. Get out of credit card debt as much as we can. Use as much of MY income as we can to do so. Pay even a few dollars more than the minimum payment every month.
3. Work harder to get bills out on time. I am a lazy and ineffective bill payer, and sometimes juggle bills around intentionally.
4. Be a more loving and compassionate wife to my husband. I can be a contrary butt sometimes.
5. Be more patient and loving toward my children. Appreciate them more. React with love more than anger when I am frustrated.
6. Work harder to get my grading done on time and my classes more organized this year. I'm always grading papers at the very last minute. Same thing with grade calculations. Not anymore.
7. Buy more locally grown and produced foods. I love fresh produce and homegrown yummies. And I'm lucky to live somewhere where they are accessible to me and within our budget.
8. Take an active interest in cooking meals for my family and enjoy it even more.
9. Exercise for a half an hour at least three times a week.
10. Work to keep a cleaner, more organized home.
11. I will make/do a project at least once a month. Use Pinterest for inspiration.
12. Be more charitable.
13. Give more homemade gifts this year.
14. Work harder to celebrate and enjoy holidays more than I usually do.

What are your resolutions this year?

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I'm so not there yet on resolutions. And I love all the things you got at the Alpine Store. So cool!

    ReplyDelete